Generations Memory Care
At Travanse Living, we believe deeply in providing personalized care for each of our residents.This is especially true for our residents who are living with dementia and Alzheimer’s. This is why we have created the Generations Memory Care Program for our Travanse Living communities.
The Generations Memory Care Program follows a philosophy of a person-centered culture where one is a whole person first, the person they were and still are, and not identified by their disease or behaviors. We strive to celebrate and highlight the abilities of those we serve. As a community with Generations Memory Care, we require staff, known as care partners, to complete extensive certified training to better support our residents living with memory loss. We emphasize techniques, teachable moments and meaningful engagement that lead to our care partners’ making connections with each individual. Our care partners undergo extensive training in this process when first hired, and are required to attend additional education sessions throughout the year. The training and techniques taught in the program are inspired by some of the most respected leaders in the field of Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
Signature programs that make up a Generations Memory Care community include:
- Life Story Display - Honoring the “Story of a Lifetime”
- Tune Into Me - Creating a personalized jukebox
- Culinary Creations - Preparing recipes from the past
- From Our Generation to Yours - Inter-generational programming
- Never Stop Exploring - Connecting with the local community
- It’s All Right - Highlighting the individuality and creativity of each person
Each of these programs creates an immersive environment focusing on the individual’s strengths to foster moments of achievement.